Sunday, August 8, 2010

Participation is Key!


After an exhausting Relay for Life I came up with a list of accomplishments from this year's relay.



1) Cookies Ate: I think that I could walk away with a prize for the most cookies ate for the night. One team member made peanut butter M&M cookies and another brought store bought peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. My biggest trigger food is peanut butter! I love peanut butter and could eat it right out of the jar.

2) 10 Miles Walked: Yes, I did walk at least 10 miles! It could be more but I happened to walk a little bit before I bought my lap beads. Lap beads where another teams fundraiser in which after every lap you were given a bead to place on your necklace to keep track of how many laps you walked. What a great idea!

3) CPS3 Participation: CPS3 is a study being done by the American Cancer Society. The basics are that you fill out a survey every few years, they measure your waste and draw your blood. If at anytime in the next few years you develop cancer they go back and pull your blood to do tests on it. I figure it is the least I could do!

4)Least amount of sleep: Out of all the team members I got the least amount of sleep. I slept a total of 2 hours that night. In Tiger's (My hubby) defense he did ask me to wake him up but I let him sleep.

5)Lost & Forgotten: For the second year in a row I have forgotten to bring a belt for my jeans and I forgot my MP3 player that I loaded with the best songs. I lost my cell phone on the track twice!

While I had made an excellent effort to participate I am left a little disappointed in some of the others on my team that didn't.

Two were in Mexico so they have a valid excuse. A few others just didn't show up, had a dinner party with friends, or just didn't feel like it. I can honestly say that I'm going to ask one person to not join us next year. We have to pay for our participation and we could have had someone else participate for them or we could have used that money toward our team total.

Anyways, to end on a positive note, hopefully all our hard work will pay off one day so that we can celebrate more birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment